Tuesday, December 04, 2007

My worried STATA!

Okay this is one of those things you might find funny only if you're worked with the statistical software STATA. But i find it pretty amusing so there we go:
When you need to increase the memory assigned to the software- and that occasionally happens when you're working with big datasets, if you give the command while you already have some variables out there, the STATA will comment "no; data in memory would be lost". This "no" in the beginning of the error comment is so funny. I picture a worried mom on the other side of the monitor telling a caring "no" to his kid when he comes to the table with unwashed hands!

P.S. Another interesting comment I received from the software today: "STATA needs attention!" who doesn't, buddy?:)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeerjeerak,
I am looking for the software. Do you know how I can find a "Free" version of STATA? Thanks!

Nazy said...

That was really funny Jeer Jan!

Anonymous said...

yeah I love the software comments. my ATM bank is good example. when u want to get money it ask you do u want to check ur balance, you have two option
1. yes Please!
2. No Thanks!
basiclly ATM bank is teaching me be polite!
btw how did u find my makhfi blog???

jeerjeerak said...

To INUSA, as far as i know, there is no free version of STATA. But let me know if you need it desperately...

To Mehran: all the traces one leaves behind on the net without knowing it:) You had left a comment for Ehsan using your blogger id.

Anonymous said...

That would be great! But I do not need it till January. I would remind you later. Thank you so much:)
BTW I could not find your email here!

Anonymous said...

it was so funy :)))) you should pay more attention to him, he needs that, have merci heejeeak!! ;D
bayramali

jeerjeerak said...

He's too demanding Bayram jan, I'm already spending over 10 hours of my days with him!

Is a software male or female?;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.