Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy Yalda

It is the longest night of the year, Yalda night. Yalda to me means family. The special noodle-rice dish that my mom insists we have to have at Yalda to master our lives in the months to follow. It means the big crystal bowl of pomegranates, which was my job to prepare when i grow older. It means my dad bringing home the last watermelon of the season. It means Yalda nuts with Basloghs that i used to love, and many other tastes and smells. It means playing backgammon on the beautifully hand crafted family piece. It means bibliomancy from Hafez collection of poems. I miss my family in this Yalda night, maybe more than before cause i'm down with a cold.

Happy Yalda to you all. I wish for you and me the strength to endure the longest of the dark in our lives to wake up to the dawn of a bright Sun.

P.S.1. Thanks for your comments on the last post. I'll get back to them as soon as i feel physically better.
P.S.2. I so much crave Baslogh. I'm gonna experiment and make some when i get better. Here's the recipe i've found on the web.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Yalda to you too:)
I am so sorry that you have cold. It seems that there is an epidemic of a new strain of flue in North. Drink Chai and eat soup as much as you can.

Darkness is the best time to look at stars and deepness of the world. I appreciate what darkness brings to me that makes me think deeply.

بانوي جشنواره زمستان said...

شب اهورايي ات مبارک
زمستان ات مبارک
جيرجيري عزيز دلتنگي هايت کوتاه و تمام شدني باد

Tameshk said...

My Dearest Jeerjeerak

Happy Yalda !
I hope you get better soon!

مسعود said...

سلام جیرجیرک
مگر جیرجیرک سرما می خورد؟
ان شائ الله حالت خوب میشه و جیرجیرتو از سر می گیری
زندگی وقتی هدف داشته باشه و آدم به امیدها و آرزوهایی فکر کنه،همه چیز زیبا و معنی دار میشه."چیز" که میگم منظورم همونیه که به نظر پیش پا افتاده میاد.همه این چیزها برای ایجاد رابطه و حفظ و قوام بخشیدن به اونه.زندگی یعنی همین.یلدا هم بجز این نیست
سالم و تندرست باشی