Friday, December 28, 2007

Joy of Cooking

I spent hours in the kitchen today cooking for a small party i'm having tomorrow. It's been a while for me since i cooked, real cooking. It's almost a year that i have adaopted a healthy eating diet, preparing low fat meals, whole grains, ... . And you know that style, although good for you, doesn't much go inline with a real Persian kitchen. So today i cut myself a break, i cooked the old style, using Kermanshahi butter and fried onions in my stew. I made Mirzaghasemi the authentic Rashti style, frying the barbecued eggplants... . My friend came over and made hummus, not cutting back on tahini and olive oil. We poured exactly the amount of oil required for the cake into the batter. I frosted it with real good melted chocolate. I enjoyed my time in the kitchen.

P.S. Can somebody come and help me clean up now?:)

5 comments:

Tameshk said...

Jeerjeerak joonam

Oh My, That cake looks fantastic! I wish I was there to help you clean up and maybe in the process I would have learned some of your fantastic tricks ;)

Nazy said...

Hello To Julia Child Incarnate!

What a lot of work and what a lot of fun! I would give anything to have some authentic mirzaghasemi! I hope you enjoy your friends' company, and I am sure they will enjoy your fabulous food and entertainment. My diet is killing me, and looking at that cake was the worst temptation I could have now! Enjoy your guests and bon appetit!

Unknown said...

Vayeee!!!! Seems very delisous Jeerjeerak jan. I must cook some for myself to enjoy life for this time.

Unknown said...

That is "delicious" :D

Nazy said...

Mehmooni chetor shod?