Friday, September 14, 2007

Haale


Oh my adored,
you set me on fire.
Now come,
see the smoke
rising high off me.


I'm not sure if it was solely the magic of the powerful lyrics of Rumi and Hafez in their original words, or her music also had a say, but i very much enjoyed Haale's performance at Highdive tonight. I actually had been to her concert in the World Bank for the Iranian New Year last March. But tonight, in the cozy nightclub of our small town, her music touched me deep.

Haale's upcoming performances in Midwest:
FRI SEP 14 MADISON WORLD MUSIC FESTIVAL Memorial Theater at Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison WI
SAT SEP 15 CHICAGO WORLD MUSIC FESTIVAL Venue TBA, Chicago IL
SUN SEP 16 GLOBAL UNION FESTIVAL Alverno Presents/Alverno College, Milwaukee WI

2 comments:

Nazy said...

Salam Jeer Jan. She certainly appears to be a beautiful young woman, and her music has received good reviews. I wished I could hear some of it. I'm surpised she doesn't have sample songs on her website! But I'm glad you went and you told us about her. Thank you.

jeerjeerak said...

Right, it strange that she doesn't have sample music on her page ... There are howevere some videos of her performances on youtube.