Monday, August 20, 2007

Car Talk!

I so much enjoy driving on Saturday mornings in the boring midwest roads! Guess why? Well, i've gave it out already:))) In case you didn't know, -seriously is there anyone who doesn't know?;) - Car Talk is a radio talk show on NPR broadcasted on Saturdays. There are two brothers hosting the show, taking questions about car problems from callers. And they are soooooooooooooooooooo funny. I have absolutely zero knowledge and inerest in car mechanics, but i love their show. And it specially is even more enjoyable when you're driving while listening. If you have not listened to their program, do it once for me:) You're missing some good fun. Okay here's a taste: At the end of their show they introduce their crew. The complete list can be found here. Pick up a few names and try reading it aloud for a couple of times, you're going to laugh. Who do you think "Haywood Jabuzoff" could be?..... Customer Car Care Representative!!!

4 comments:

Nazy said...

Jeer Jan, I love that program! They are soooo funny! One time I was listening and this guy calls in who had just bought a super expensive SUV. He had a question: "Uh..I took my brand new car to get gas. After I filled the tank I drove into the car wash. After I left the car wash I realized that I had left the cap off my gas tank! I parked my car and came to call you. What should I do now?"

Their answer was so funny, I had to stop my car to the side of the road and laugh out loud, complete with hitting myself on the knee, putting my head on the steering wheel and laughing like a maniac. After they poked fun at him, they told him that since he had had a full tank, it was likely that he couldn't have gotten any water into it, well almost, they said!

Thanks for reminding me of that hilarious day Jeer! Thanks for being so sharp. Thank you for listening to NPR. Thanks for being you azizam. I am delighted to be knowing you.

jeerjeerak said...

Blushing here:) Thanks nazy jan.
And i laughed loud! Thanks for the story.

Reza Mahani said...

i discovered them since i came here ... i also like their music clips, some of them are quite unusual ... it is a while now that i am curious about the music at the end of their second break, usually around 40 minutes into their show, it is a very nice (banjo?) tune ...

jeerjeerak said...

Oh, yes, i noticed that tune too.

Look at their list of songs here:
http://www.cartalk.com/ct/searchMusic.jsp
Their "I Can't Abide a Broken Truck" this past weekend was quite funny.