Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Total Lunar Eclipse

The song Total Eclipse of the Heart for the musicality of the post:) Photo Credit: Doug Murray
Tonight, in the brutal cold weather of 1 below, i witnessed my third lunar eclipse here in US. My first was in 2004, in those days that i was studying hard to pass my core in the PhD track. I along with 3 friends in mt study group has stayed late on campus. We walked down to the University observatory and watched the moon up close. I watched the second one on my brother's amateur telescope in our apartment's open stairways. And this third one with naked eyes, with a blanket on my head, shivering from cold in the balcony!
. "Forever is going to start tonight."

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It could be my first one. I missed that :(

jeerjeerak said...

Noon Jim Jan, i called up a few of my friends while i was standing out there in the cold! i wish i had called you too. Which reminds me: give me your number!

Anonymous said...

I was watching it too , actually not with blanket in head :) you know , we are spoiled by weather in Ca . It was my first eclipse here and reminded me 4 years ago at one summer night in Tehran
anyway. thanks for video , you can also check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhidH2gtSYI&feature=related

Babak said...

The pic is exactly what I saw last night: "Rusty Moon"...:)

Tameshk said...

Jeerjeerak joonam

Speaking of brutally cold, It is snowing here!

As a kid I was always amazed by Eclipses, Perhaps more amazed by Lunar rather that Solar, It was more mystical to me, the solar one, I witnessed it once, is scary!

Esfand` said...

What does this means? "Forever is going to start tonight"
who are you quoting here?
coz this sounds .... hmm... strange?