Monday, February 04, 2008

Mistified

Sitting in my windowless office, my friend came and suggested we go out for a short walk. It was such a beautiful dense fog out there. The weather was chilly but not freezing. I accompanied her to the parking lot across the campus and walked back alone. Walking down that road was like you were stepping into a black and white photograph. It was like with each step that i took i was getting closer to a gigantic snow white ocean that was all around me. i could feel it caressing my cheeks, holding my fingers, hugging me tight. It was a walk to remember. I was alone, but i could hear the heavy breathing of the sleeping snow covered grass and could feel the acknowledging look of the bare branched trees witnessing me passing by. You wouldn't see where you were headed, but i didn't care, the pleasure was it was me, walking in that beautiful mighty mist, and nothing else mattered. I was "Mistified".

2 comments:

Babak said...

:)

Nazy said...

How beautiful! Excellent imagery and good storytelling Jeerjeerak Jan! I felt like I walked with you. (Of course you are so brave, and I am so lazy! I would have declined my friend's invitation, but that goes to show you how your adventurous side scores you opportunities to write about!).

Loved it!