Thursday, July 26, 2007

Red Light Sicko

Yesterday evening I decided to go and watch Michael Moore's Sicko. It would start at 9:45 and by the time I got ready and got into the car, it was 9:40. It's a small town, where I live and you could get to the theater in like 10 minutes. But the problem was the film was on an art theater downtown that doesn't show commercials before the movie. A luxury indeed, but not when you're running late!

In my way i needed to make a left somewhere. When i got to the intersection, the light was already yellow and there was a car waiting at the left lane to turn. Generally, I should have made a stop and waited for the next light, but you would understand that I was in a hurry:-) So, i followed that other car and turned as the light turned red. Ten feet onto the new road and i heard the loud siren. A police car turned right behind me and started to angrily blinking its lights at me. My heartbeat literally stopped for a second and then started beating like crazy. I though oh my goodness, the first time in my years to break the law and getting caught right at the moment. In constant sorrow(!) I pulled over. And guess what? The police car, just passed over me and speeded ahead:D You can't imagine my relief:-)

P.S. Sicko was good. Though this is the biased opinion of someone who likes Michael Moore. But even if you are not a big fan, go and see the movie for its absolutely charming footage of Paris and London.
Here's the NPR program on The Sicko.
P.S.2. Hey, Simposons Movie is coming out tomorrow. Isn't it exciting? :-)
P.S.3. Since yesterday I read the first 14 chapters of Harry Potter. Today I went to wikipedia and read the whole plot summery and put an end to it! Does this mean that the kid inside me has grown old?
Funny thing that i had a dream last night that someone has cut out my ear! Does everybody get these immediate fiction-fueled dreams?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no just impatient

Anonymous said...

I can't waite for Simpson, I think it gonna be good one