Friday, March 30, 2007

Smile, it's raining !

It's raining today. Sometimes in nice sunny days, the buses that run in the streets of our town here have a sign on : "Smile, it's sunny". It's interesting, the excitement people feel in a sunny day here, we would get from a rainy day back home.

I remember the radio used to play songs and read poetry's about rain when it began to shower in Tehran. In my old dry polluted city, rain meant a lot. A short moment of relief for the poor carbon covered Plane trees, some water for the dried out grass in parks and gardens, and above all fresher air to breathe for people, even if for a short while. As for me, i so much liked looking at the city when wet. It was like "color" was back to the streets from beneath the gray layer of dust.

3 comments:

A Fly on the Wall said...

What an interesting post! I never thought about it this way :-)

For me, sunny days are like a high - when I go outside and the sun is shining and the colors are brilliant and the sky is blue, I just smile. And somehow, I don't know if it is because of the ozone hole or what, but the colors in australia seem so much brighter and more brilliant. The blue of the sky, the green of the foliage, the crystal of the ocean, the red of a flower... that is definitely something I miss :-)

Anonymous said...

You did describe it well. Hadnt Tehran been so polluted, people would love sunny days with blue sky more than cloudy ones, I guess.

man o babak
overman.persianblog.com

Arash said...

My problem with rainy days is that I don't like getting wet while I hate carrying umbrella :)