Sunday, March 15, 2009

Six Norooz dresses

2004: The memory is kinda faded. It was my first months in US and i was still lost. I wore a organza black top with bids hand sewed on it. I had bought the top in Dubai the past summer when i went for visa interview. I think my roommate lent me her black short skirt to wear with it.

2005: A black and red organza top. It has sleeves but the sleeves were open on top and had stings to tie up in 3 places. It also had shiny bids on it. I wore it with the skirt i had bought in a Frank and Taylor closse out sale, a layered black miniskirt. I liked the outfit, but neither of them fit me now. I've shed a few pounds since then.

2006: The purple velvet long dress. It had pink and purple shinny sequins on its chest. I wore this dress to a friend's wedding later.

2007: A prom dress! With the big puffy skirt and corset top. It was in lilac color, with shinny bids in form of flower stems hand sewed on it. I found the dress in a clearance in DC's Macy's with my parents.

2008: I spent a big deal of time picking a dress for this year. I went to almost all stores in town, and couldn't find anything that would fall for. At the very last minute, in an unprecedented store i found this simple but pretty black and white short dress. It was white on the breasts, then black down. It had a big square shape colar, and i found a big square silver necklace to go with it.

2009: a long brown velvet pattern on organza dress. A gift from my cousin in Texas. I wore it with a black velvet coat on top, and paired it with brown patten fabric shoes my aunt sent me from iran. My mom's big jade earrings complemented the outfit beautifully.

Six Norooz parties in US, and six outfits. May all of you spend the Norooz and the New year in the nice outfits that bring out your beauty, inner and outer :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)
What a nice colors and outfit diary! I liked the theme...it reminded me of all my past Norooz parties...

Thank you for such a colorful post!
And have a great EYD this year dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Well I wud luv it if my girlfriend dint wear any dress on nowruz.Wat do u say ?

Just Kidding.. Happy Nowruz..

Me?

Just a guy mad abt Iranian women and their blogs.Been around posting comments on a few Iranian Blogs. This is my first on yours.. See u around..

... said...

I like your post, and it also reminds me nice time we had together shopping in your town. I miss such a girl friend to go Nowrouz shopping together...

happy Nowwrouz dear Jeerjeerak!

jeerjeerak said...

Oh i miss that too, Sunny jan. I hope you can make it to the city next Sunday...

آزاده said...

interesting and nice blog, dear jeerjeerak :)
happy nowrooz...

Esfand` said...

:) I am sure all your dresses were as pretty as this year's one!!

Have a wonderful Eid dear Jeerjeerak!! :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!