Thursday, March 19, 2009

The last spin of the old year

It's past midnight.
The last day of the old year has begun.
My small apartment is filled with the loud noise of the dishwasher.
As i listen the the spins of iron and steal and the sound of water waves in the machine,
my mind drifts back to revisit the moment that passed in the past year.
Here's a smiley day; there's a teary one.
Here's a crisp rainy September day bellow a tree in a park, there's a shivering winter night of no sleep.

The machine spins, and so does my mind.
It mixes all the black and white days of the past year.
A gray spinoff in my head. I like the color gray. It goes nicely with magenta, with pink too.
I can decorate gray.
The echos of storm in my dishwasher,
The blood beats in my brain.
The machine stops, my head is still spinning!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just close your eyes and think about new days ahead of you...Days filled with hope and brightness; filled with joy and happiness...

:)
Year 1387 was not a great year for me; but yet, I am not going to let it let me down! I am still hopeful...

Be good jeerjeerak jan! Be good and have a wonderful year ahead of you!

Norooz-pirooz

Anonymous said...

Why is This Nuwroz so Important to you persians ? Any and every persian I know is going gaga over the festival every year.{No offence}.I am asking coz we too loved festivals and their associated traditions as children but having grown up they all seem meaningless what with all the real world problems and families dispersed far and wide around the world..Its like deep inside You know its only an illusion. And its difficult ignore .

Esfand` said...

wow!!!!!!

This post is simply fantastic!
great interplay of words and thoughts just as it is in real... well expressed and inspiring.

Have a wonderful year!
Let it spin and wash away all that you dont want to have.

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy New year jeerjeerak jan and thank you for your lovely comment, I didn't know you write Farsi also :D

Anonymous said...

Awesome post....
I drastically enjoyed it... exclude the dishwasher and this post could be written by me...

(of course I should exclude the pink color too its not really boyish!) ;)

امیدوارم امسال انقدر بهت خوش (و خوب) بگذره که آخر سال باورت نشه

Mehrnaz Memar said...

Jirjirake:

Happy Norooz. This is my Eidi to you:

Seize the moment.

Behdokht said...

Liked this post! Wish you a lovely year filled with warm feelings Jeere aziz :)

Happy Norouz!