Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The found book



My lost library book just came back to me in Campus mail :D

I'm jumping up and down!

This was driving me crazy. I needed the book and it was checked out by another patron for long. I had put on a call back request for it. I waited impatiently for it to come back to circulation; saw the available notice on my account, but i didn't have any good recollection of actually checking this one out at the library desk. But it appeared in my account as checked out. I had looked EVERY inch of my office, apartment , car and 17 bags for it. I was convinced that i'm suffering from Anterograde Amnesia!
The envelope doesn't have any useful information on it, just my campus address and the sender is the mailroom; so i don't know how the book found its way back to me. I bet it has an interesting story to tell, had he be able to talk! Good to finally see you Hosmer and Lemeshow's Applied Survival Analysis: Regression Modeling of Time to Event Data!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very good news jeerjeerak joon. By the way, don't worry about that $1000. You can pay me back whenever.

Anonymous said...

Do you believe in angels helping people sometimes?
I did not before, but bit by bit, I am starting to believe...

jeerjeerak said...

Parinaz jan,
That angel was a very considerate one... I really could use a small dose of happiness at the time being.

Anonymous said...

And due to your amnesia you may not remember that یوسف گمگشته باز آید...
:D

Anonymous said...

what happened to the other one?

Anonymous said...

very nice! hahahahaha

Reza Mahani said...

I once lost a library book and it haunted me for a couple of years, until I bought a copy of it and convinced the library to replace the old one ...

Esfand` said...

:D wow! lucky u... and u know wat happened with me ...I checked out a book long long ago... n some how its with me :D but not showing up in my library account :D prolly I can end up being an angel too :D