Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Norooz Pirooz

It's New Year's Eve, and i'm on a trip to New York. Sitting at the 44th floor of a big hotel in the big city, I am looking to the wet skyscrapers wrapped in a layers of cloud, and the street lights sparkling down low . Spring hasn't touched this city yet, but my heart is pounding with each minute that we get closer to the Newest days of the new year. Tonight at 1:47 past midnight, I'll have my heart open to the graceful Spring. May it touch my life and yours with its colorful warmth. Happy New day to you my friend from close and far.


As a New Year treat, i give you the photo i took a few hours ago in the New York's Metropolitan museum. It is lion shape vessel made of gold, belonging to Darius the king. The top part of the drinking jar is made up of 160 feet of extremely fine gold strings, wrapped around the jar. It was a glamorous piece of Art.


8 comments:

Tameshk said...

Jeerjeerak Joonam
Happy Norooz!

It was great to see you. Last night was strangely cold and windy in the Big Apple. I was worried that you might get sick.

Best wishes and many kisses ;D
Roja

Nazy said...

Eidet Mobarak Jeerjeerak Jan!

Nowrooz in New York, sounds almost poetic! I hope you are enjoying your little vacation. I hope you will have a year filled with excitement, joy, and success (and the other thing we discussed over the phone!).

Nowrooz Pirooz.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeerjeerak,
I am glad you made it to the Metropolitan Museum. See you at home soon. Happy New Day!
Z.

Anonymous said...

Jeerjeerak joon :)

Eidet mobarak :) Sale not mobarak :) Omidvaram sali sarshar az movafaghiat o delkhoshio salamati o shadi o hameye chizayee ke doost dari dar pish dashte bashi.

Shad bashi,
Mina

Esfand` said...

Sal e no mobarak!

Anonymous said...

برات بهترین ها رو آرزو میکنم جیرجیر جونم. نوروزت مبارک

Anonymous said...

I wanted to send you an email, but I couldn't find it. But now these blogs are our homes right? Pas oomadam eid didani and to say Happy Norooz. I also wish you a very happy and healthy year. Sorry I missed you on your trip to New York. I hope I can make up for it soon.

Esfand` said...

merci~
baleh.. its hot here in Atlanta, so I am kinda taking a promo of the summers... n suddenly today I realize I love winters a lil more than summers :( my eyes hurt coz of the sun

I dont think I know you, started following your blog dont remember how, may be I bumped into it pasing through some persian blogs, n then u were in illinois so may be thats why I have ur blog in my usually visited blogs list, yeah I am in urbana. Oh n yeah I remember some time back I started ur blog from that delilah song, its my fav now :D