Sunday, April 29, 2007

Luckiest day of my life !

You are not gonna believe what I'm about to say...
Just in my last post I said how much I like musicals, and before I had told you how I long to see Wicked in Chicago. And how the tickets are above my budget. Now guess what? :)


I WON the 25$ lottery for first row Wicked tickets! Yeah baby, isn't that ...well, i can't find a word for it :D

Okay, so the story from the beginning:
Yesterday my friend and I had a girls day out in Chicago. These days are the tulip festival in Michigan Avenue and I'm a sucker for colors and tulips. Also in Chicago there is shopping, and there is chelokabab and we spotted a middle-eastern party also for our late evening adventure. So we hopped in our brand new rental toyota, and headed north. We were in H&M's fitting room, when I looked at my watch and it was 5:50. The lottery happens at 6. So I grabbed my friend's ID, and made a run for it to the Borders store 2 blocks away. I put 2 entries in my name and hers, and a couple of minutes later she came just in time for the drawing. There were more than a 100 people there, and they call 10 names. Just two weeks ago when I was in chicago on a school trip I entered into the draw but didn't win. So this time I didn't have my hopes up that much, i thought we would just try our chances one more time. They started to call the names. I was looking at the cards the woman was pulling out of the witch hat. The ones she was taking out were all folded ones. I was thinking to myself that I should have folded the entry cards, when she draw a new one and read "from Urbana, Illinois, a name she can't pronounce! My friend's name. I think I screamed before she did! And started jumping up and down. Wow, what a moment. What a moment. Your heartbeat will reach to 200 in a matter of a second, and all your blood will rush to your face. I'll write more about the Wicked in another post. It was a GREAT show. But the story didn't finish here. Luck was with us all the time yesterday. Did i mention that earlier we got a free off street parking spot right next to sears towers? We did. We also could get our cover money back from that mideastern party we didn't like (well, poor grad students!). Then we got into our favorite "Howl at the moon", without cover and lines, courtesy of a guy who offered us his Chicago's W card! We got back in town by dawn. April 28th, you were such a lucky day, please come back and see us again soon!

4 comments:

A Fly on the Wall said...

oh wow - cool cool cool!!! That is surely a day to remember! :-D and the way you wrote about it conveyed your excitement so much I was excited myself!! I love tulips as well - there were some around college park which i have been planning to take photos of - except I think it is too late now :-( anyhow, so what was the thing you got into? I am waiting for more details and details of Wicked.
wiicckkked!!! :-P

jeerjeerak said...

Howl at the moon, you mean? It's a piano bar. You should check out the one nearest to you. It's fun. http://www.howlatthemoon.com/index.htm
And, sure, WICKED deserves an independent post, but right now i need to take a nap, i drove all night long!

Anonymous said...

haha, congrats

my best shot in a lottery so far was a 5 bucks prize. Im shooting for 10 this coming year

-Siah

Lmira said...

Woohooooooooooooooooooooooo.... CongratZ honey! Hope you find more and more April 28s!!!