Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Living in a single shot

Morrow Plots/Observatory, University of Illinois, Larry Kanfer
Sitting behind my desk, in my office, the calendar on the wall shows this image. I can't get my eyes off it. I have been to that observatory. I have sneaked in between those corn bushes before. I have seen many dark blue clouds ready to burst. But somehow the combination of all these elements all together in one shot has a mesmerizing power over me. I picture myself right in front of the very first row of corns, looking at that view. I can feel the moist dirt under my toes, and the humid wind on my face.

8 comments:

Esfand` said...

wow! Awesome pic... n wonderful feelings that it brings up :)

Have a wonderful day ! :)

Anonymous said...

Hah!
Corn farm is the greatest place I can ever imagine to be in!
The picture is very nice and this "single shot" is worthwhile living in for a long long time!

Be good.

Anonymous said...

nice picture, but hard to look at that and continue to work!

Anonymous said...

I couldnt find your email. can I have it?

sunyonline@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Shabtab jan, it is jeerjeerak7@yahoo.com. I don't check that account frequently and that's why i don't post it in my blog.

Anonymous said...

Jeerjeerak jan,
This is a very beautiful picture and your description have made it to look even more pretty. i love the way you see things.
Best wishes,
Pardis

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOII69zJL9k

Anonymous said...

Jeerjeerak joonam,

Fadat sham, doret begardam, chera in rooza enghadr dir be dir post mizari. Khoda nakoneh gereftari? Enshala kheireh. Ageh komaki az ma bar miad begoo. Midoni keh ma in harfa ro nadarim.

By the way, how is your thesis going?