Monday, May 19, 2008

Jeni's Ice Cream

It's not a big secret that i am a big fan of Italian style gelato. I have written here before about Pacciugo Gelato shop. Now i'm delighted to introduce to you my new found place that is as good! Jeni's Ice Cream is a locally owned and operated ice cream business in Columbus, Ohio. They have freshly made icecream and gelato made from real fresh fruit, that's a big deal: real fresh fruit! I had a hard time picking 4 flavors out of their about 30 selection on the menu, but at last i ended up with (1)Roasted Pestachio & Country Honey which even had the toasty salty taste of the good nut and a hint of honey, (2)Strawberry Rose Petal which was rosy and exquisite;) , (3)Dark Cocoa Gelato which was as you were tasting a very good dark chocolate truffle except for it was light and chilled, and ... i can't believe my last choice myself: (4)Cherry Lambic! I generally dislike the taste of american red cherries, but one spoon of this icecream made me reconcile with cherries:) If I get to go back to this place, i wanna try the Pear Riesling flavor too.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I have to go to Ohio. It's interesting that just yesterday I was craving the fruit ice-cream from Laadan pastry shop in Tajrish and you mentioned these today.

Esfand` said...

Yummmy.... I am hungry ...Ice cream hungry ....... OSU here I come :D

Welcome back! :P
so now I know where have u been hiding all this time :P eating delicious ice creams :D

thanks for the hint! I am there next time I go to Ohio State :D

A Fly on the Wall said...

omg.... my mouth is watering!! all those flavors that are not yet in my tummy...

where have you been khaanoom! i've missed your posts!

Anonymous said...

Let me tell you something
There is a Ice cream shop in down town of our city ( actually our village!!), it has a very famous gelato and has won many prizes last couple of years, but funny thing is the owner is a Persian guy who pretends is Italian and every buddy believes. but That Ice creams are yummy as you said :D

jeerjeerak said...

bayram jan, you said all but the name of the shop! please reveal the secret and that should suit our Fly too!

Esfand` said...

hey ... whats the name :D and location .... I will surely go there!

Lmira said...

You know what, there's an almost new Italian Ice cream in our alley, with 24 flavors (which is huge for Iran, you know!) and last time I tasted its cheese flavor and yogurt&sour cherry flavor with a lot of doubt. But be sure those are going to be my first choices next time! if you found them there, try them :)

Ramin said...

Mitchell's Ice Cream in San Francisco has a fireworks waiting for your taste buds.

PS. So much ice cream, Yet perfect teeth

jeerjeerak said...

Elmira and Ramin, thank you both for the recommendations. I'll keep those in mind for the next time i go to Tehran(i wish!) and SF(i hope soon!).