Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Haircut Talks, or Gender Gap...

Two women talking:
Woman 1: Oh! You got a haircut! That's so cute!
Woman 2: Do you think so? I wasn't sure when she gave me the mirror. I mean, you don't think it's too fluffy looking?
Woman 1: No, it's perfect. I'd love to get my hair cut like that, but I think my face is too wide. I'm pretty much stuck with this stuff I think.
Woman 2: Are you serious? I think your face is adorable. And you could easily get one of those layer cuts - that would look so cute I think. I was actually going to do that except that I was afraid it would accent
my long neck.
Woman 1: Oh - that's funny! I would love to have your neck! Anything to take attention away from these football player shoulders of mine.
Woman 2: Are you kidding? I know girls that would love to have your shoulders. Everything drapes so well on you. I mean, look at my arms, see how short they are? If I had your shoulders I could get clothes to fit me so much easier.
...
...
...

Now two men talking:
Man 1: Haircut?
Man 2: Yeah
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. 1. Reading that "yeah", i burst into laughter. This is sooooo true! at least with the guys i got to know!

P.S.2. Speaking of haircuts... Being extremely bored last night, i cut my hair myself! Now my right layer is shorter than the left. i actually did try to cut evenly, i guess i have bigger curls on the right!

10 comments:

بانوي جشنواره زمستان said...

سلام جير جان
خيلي جالب بود .
اتفاقا من هم چند وقت پيش موهامو کوتاه کردم ، خيلي لذت بخش بود :)
همون ناهماهنگي هاش هم خيلي خوبه
ديدني شدي الان! اما من موهاتو خيلي دوست داشتم ، خيلي که کوتاه نکردي؟
شاد باشي عزيز

jeerjeerak said...

no, i just cut a bit from the front. i won't betray my old long curly frizzy hair;) how short did you go?

بانوي جشنواره زمستان said...

خيلي کوتاه جيرجيري
اما احساس رهايي به من داده بعد
!!!!!!! از آن خرمن گيسوان پريشان

Reza Mahani said...

I have been completely out of phase with weblog recently ... not even reading them for the past few weeks ... periodic and mood-based, like many other things in (my?) life!

Anonymous said...

The conversations between guys always aren't short as you described . it is a very appropriate subject to make joke! in Iran when somebody backed of barbershop , other friends told him : oh, you cut your hair? did you drink Cinnamon tea too!!! ( you know, it means very cheap barbershop) and some times they talked about feet prints on his shoulders !!!!
here, there are a lot of joke in different ways. If somebody cut his hair very short. buddies ask : where do you go? Iraq or Afghanistan?(like soldiers) or if somebody cut his hair with sides shorter than middle (like Mexicans) friends ask him: hey Senior! watch out immigration's agents!!!

jeerjeerak said...

Mr. Bayramali, thanks for the insight into the men's haircut conversations;)

I guess what i really meant was how different are men and wemon in small talks. Many times i've found myself talking to a guy for 5 minutes, and then they answer with a singleton "good", or "yeah"! Not that i'm a talkative person now!

Nazy said...

Salam Jeer Jan:

I NEVER miss it when someone has received a haircut and I ALWAYS make a comment about it, whether he is a man or a woman. Sometimes I even tell my friends, such as Renaud at work, that he really needs a haircut badly!

I remember I would go to Arayeshgah. The man I loved would call me on my cell phone and ask me where I was. I would say: "Arayeshgah." He would ask: "You must look so pretty now," and I would say: "I tried, but I don't think it worked" (har kar mikonam khoshgel nemisham!) and the two of us would laugh at this standard joke! I am officially a high mainenance woman now. I spend way too much money on getting highlights, haircuts, manicures, pedicures, and eyebrow jobs. Some days I think this is costing me too much and I've got to end it. I don't think I will reveal my grey hair, heaven forbid! But I might just choose a cheaper, do-it-at-home way for glamming up. This is killing me!

Love you Jeerjeerak. One of my readers is asking that you post that recipe on my blog. Come and do it if you feel like it. Have a good weekend lovie (your hair is not frizzy. You are simply gorgeous).

Anonymous said...

سلام جیر جان

خیلی ممنون که وقت گذاشتی و دستور آش رو نوشتی..حتما درست می کنم انشالله.
مکالمه جالبی بود.. واقعی به نظر می آمد.مردها که اصلا حال حرف زدن در این موارد رو ندارند...جالبه
مرضیه!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday

jeerjeerak said...

you're welcome Marzieh Jan.
and thanks, anonymous!