Thursday, November 23, 2006

America, mixed-flavored

Americans are fond of mixed flavors. Just step in a grocery store and you see what I mean. Cinnamon popcorn, Pumpkin marshmellow, Vanilla coke, 3-4-flavor icecreams. Even things that does not at all go with each other: like sweet pickles.
The other day, I picked up a box of dried cranberries from Meijer. I usually read the labels carefully, but I was in a rush that day. And see what I got: orange flavored cranberries! Cranberries by themselves are quite flavorful, I don't at all understand why they are needed to be orange-flavored.

Anyway, enjoy your thanksgiving dinner anyway you like it, and don't eat too much :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey buddy,

is thanksgiving holiday different for differing countries?!? I thought it was a couple of weeks ago in Canada, u know?!

jeerjeerak said...

Yes, I know Canadians have a thanksgiving Monday in October. I'm not sure if other countries have it or not. We don't, but it feels like shab-e-yalda when all the family get together and EAT!

A Fly on the Wall said...

haha! the mixed flavoring is true - it is definitely more than what we have in australia.